This Tuck Everlasting: Discussion Web Strategy activity also includes:
Guide learners through a discussion about Natalie Babbitt's Tuck Everlasting with a helpful graphic organizer. As they read through the novel, individuals note their reactions to statements about the book's themes, and fill out a chart with their opinions and support from the text.
- Use the graphic organizer with any other story or novel unit
- Have readers brainstorm their opinions of statements, as well as supporting evidence from the text, before engaging in the class discussion
- You'll need to augment the assessment with something more concrete
- Based on statements from a previous lesson in the Tuck Everlasting unit
- Focuses on important language arts skills
- Promotes group work and collaborative discussion