Being able to identify the details that support a main idea is an important skill. Have your pupils practice with this graphic organizer, which includes space for a main idea, three supporting details, and a final conclusion.
43 Views 37 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have learners analyze a short informational or literary text with this organizer
- Pupils might also use this to plan out a paragraph they are going to write
- Provide the main idea and then ask learners to find the supporting details
- Learners will need to pay close attention to a text to determine the main idea and details in order to record them here
- The graphics on this organizer are not the best; what is meant to be an umbrella looks more like a shovel
- There isn't much space for pupils to write the details