Do your pupils ever try to solve an expression? If the answer is yes, then this is the video for you! The video instructor explains the difference between solving and simplifying. He then shows an example of simplifying an expression and solving an equation.
- Encourage learners to watch the video several times and replay parts until it makes sense
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they watch the video
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- Compares and contrasts equations and expressions
- Emphasizes mathematical vocabulary throughout the lesson