This US History and Government Examination: August 2010 assessment also includes:
Geography has played a complex role in America history. The Atlantic Ocean has served as a buffer to protect the United States from European Wars, but its proximity to Cuba, however, left it vulnerable to nuclear war during the Cuban missile crisis. Using primary and secondary sources, including maps, class members consider the overall impact geography has had on United States' history. Another prompt examines the role of American presidents in shaping United States history, and multiple choice questions sharpen content and analysis skills.
- Integrate multiple-choice questions into lessons as a knowledge check
- Develop group activities to strategize answering essay questions using included prompts
- Resource is one of the New York state regents examinations from 2010
- Multiple choice questions include a variety of intriguing images, photographs, and political cartoons
- Feedback is easy with included scoring guidelines