This Using Details to Determine Theme: The Myth of Cronus lesson plan also includes:
There's nothing like a good theme! After reviewing the story of Cronus, learners participate in a mini lesson plan about theme by pulling papers from an envelope and identifying the writing on it as either a topic or a theme. Readers then divide into their triads and record themes in The Myth of Cronus on chart paper. After viewing the themes on the charts, the class connects the themes in the myth to the themes in The Lightning Thief.
- Create a list of well-known or popular themes
- Lesson 3 of 20 in Grade 6 ELA Module 1, Unit 2
- Order of lessons matter
- Uses index cards, markers, envelopes, chart paper
- Includes a list of themes and topics for the envelopes
- Offers an outline to use as a pacing guide for the lesson