This Using Electricity on the Job unit also includes:
Learners explore electricity, discussing its importance and researching different ways in which electricity can be generated. Groups present their findings to the class and then create publicity materials which promote and educate about specific jobs that use electricity as a tool.
- Bring a speaker or set up a field trip to a local power plant for groups to see/learn how their electricity is generated
- Classes should already possess knowledge about static and current electricity, electromagnetism, series and parallel circuits, and Ohm's Law
- Duration of unit depends upon discussions, length of class periods, and level of pupils; it may take less than four weeks to complete
- Lesson provides differentiated instructional tips for resource pupils and gifted and language learners
- Resources link provides a list/links to all resources needed for the unit