This Variables lesson plan also includes:
You won't want to replace the resource with anything else. Future computer scientists use Minecraft to learn about variables in computer coding. They engage in several activities to master the variable code block, then apply it in an individual project.
- Have the class keep journals of their progress using the Minecraft diary prompts given in the resource
- Pair learners to work on projects together, especially if the number of required computers is an issue
- It is helpful if scholars are familiar with variables from math class
- Third of nine sessions in the Intro to CS with MakeCode series
- Includes printable student instructions for the activity
- Uses color coding that matches the MakeCode blocks