This Vertebrate Circulatorium interactive also includes:
When you get to the heart of the matter, you learn a lot about an organism by studying its circulatory system! A perfect resource for a zoology or anatomy class, the simulation gives users a peek inside a variety of vertebrates to discover how their circulatory systems work. Each featured animal's simulation also contains a separate animation of its heart at work.
- Use the interactive to provide more information about vertebrate circulatory systems as a part of an interesting cardiology lecture series
- Have pupils pick out two vertebrates and create a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting their systems
- Individuals need computers with Internet access to use the simulation
- Learners should be familiar with the basic workings of the circulatory system and related vocabulary
- Animations for each animal are cute and easy to follow
- Each animal's bio contains information related to the evolutionary process, which helps students see how the circulatory system has evolved