This Vertical Translations: Vertical Shift of Sinusoidal Functions interactive also includes:
Create a shift in TV viewing habits. The interactive presents a cosine model of an individual's TV viewing habits during a year. Class members move the model to reflect given conditions. Finally, they determine key features from the graph along with its equation.
- Lead a discussion on how the translations of a trigonometric function can be represented using another function
- Must sign up for a free account to login
- The interactive covers both vertical and horizontal shifts
- Shows the correct answer if an incorrect response is given
- The video covers both horizontal and vertical translations
- A couple of the solutions do not match what can be visualized in the interactive