Ask your class to concentrate their energy on affixes! Pupils match various affixes to their meanings in a memory-style game until all the cards have been gathered up.
25 Views 21 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Laminate the cards so that learners can play this game over and over again
- Challenges individuals to use the affixes to build words and sentences after they complete the game
- There is another version of this game made by the same publisher, but it has slightly different affixes; this version has additional affixes, so it would be best to use it after some practice (whereas the other version can be an introductory activity)
- The activity mentions peer evaluation as the final step, but does not elaborate on how to do this
- Four pages of affix and meaning cards to cut out for the game
- Provides clear instructions