How well do you know your affixes? Find out how proficient your learners are with a game that requires them not only to define various affixes, but also to use them to create words that they then use in sentences.
155 Views 82 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create several sets of this game that you can pull out when some group practice is necessary
- Play one game as a class to start in order to scaffold the process
- While similar to another resource by this publisher (also an affix game), this particular version takes the complexity a bit farther and requires learners to define the affix and come up with a sentence using a word that includes that affix
- The final step is a peer evaluation, but steps for this activity are not included
- Comes with a game board (one blank and one filled out), work pages for students to write on, and a die to cut out and paste together
- Requires game players to demonstrate understanding of affixes while still keeping the idea that they are playing