An affix plus a base word equals what? A new word! Invite your class members to discover words using affixes and base words. Learners then write sentences using the real words that they put together.
85 Views 64 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Allow pupils to work with partners to increase collaboration, and decrease the number of boards and cards you have to make
- Laminate the cards and boards for longer use
- When you want to introduce new or different words, use these materials as a template
- Learners will need to have some prior knowledge about affixes and base words to complete the activity; however, there is some exploration and flexibility built in
- Comes with three root word boards and twelve affixes to provided for students
- Learners are required to interact with word parts in a hands-on way and practice using these words in the context of complete sentences