Ask your class to puzzle out the meaning of various affixes. Learners read sentences and come up with a new word that includes an affix to replace the underlined words. They write down the words and help to categorize them by affix.
30 Views 27 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a class set of the header and sentence cards so that learners can practice independently or with partners
- Laminate all the materials to extend their use; kids can also use whiteboard or overhead markers to write in the words on their own sheets
- Learners will need to have some prior knowledge of affixes and root words before completing the activity
- Comes with cards and worksheets for you to copy and cut out
- Provides clear instructions and a diagram to help you conduct the activity with ease