Story chains connect literary concepts, reinforce context clues, and even help learners predict what's coming next! Using words from the next chapter of Sharon Creech's Walk Two Moons, middle schoolers craft story chains to determine what will happen to the characters.
- Prompt groups to work on story chains collaboSratively
- Assign a story chain for homework, using random words or words found in a newspaper
- Provide access to a dictionary for those who are not fluenSt in English
- Lesson plan engages all writing and reading levels
- Activity is applicable to other novels or short stories