Take a journey with your class as they explore the different settings from Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. Middle schoolers write postcards in first person as if they were the characters of the story.
4 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Using the pair and share method, have writers read their postcards to a partner
- Display postcards on the bulletin boards
- Extend the activity with a project in which learners make travel brochures of the places in the story
- Let class members choose from a variety of colored index cards to use as postcards
- Fun creative writing activity for middle school pupils
- Combines writing and art skills