This Waste and Recycling: Recycling Paper lesson plan also includes:
We take paper for granted, while thousands of trees are being made into the paper we toss in the trash. Start a dialogue about paper reduction and recycling in class, and share the negative effects paper production has on our ecosystem. The lesson concludes with a hands-on paper making activity to encourage using recycled paper.
- Use during Earth Day to discuss sustainability and good recycle practices
- Show the handout as a slide show versus printing out to demonstrate good paper practice
- Read the material list ahead of time; several things are needed
- Requires class to make their own recycled paper
- Recipe for the paper-pulp mixture is provided