Go with the flow! The first video of a seven-part series about the Earth's water resources introduces learners to the water cycle. With an emphasis on cause and effect, it presents the information simply through animation. And, with the built-in pauses, executing formative checks on phase changes and water sources are quick and easy.
- Invite the class to provide additional examples of substances undergoing phase changes to check for understanding
- Pair learners for some brainstorming and have them make a list of manmade and natural disturbances to the water cycle, such as overbuilding and droughts
- Pupils should be somewhat familiar with phase changes and states of matter
- Presents the content in basic terms, making this a great video choice for day one of your water cycle unit
- Focusing on vocabulary, the video shows how water moves through the cycle and could be easily used to fill in a flow chart