This Water is a Heat Sink lesson plan also includes:
One of the key objectives of Europe's Copernicus Earth program is to monitor the temperatures of the oceans and seas on Earth. Young scholars learn the effects of different heat capacities through two experiments. These experiments directly relate to the behavior atmosphere and oceans on Earth. Then, it connects to the relationship with global warming.
- Hypothesize what would happen to a balloon filled with soil if the same experiment was performed
- Research the most recent ocean temperature graph from Europe's Copernicus Earth program
- Use caution with matches, open flames, and other heat sources
- Contains a materials list of simple and readily available supplies
- Provides the formulas for heat capacity for advanced scholars to extend on the lesson