This Water Issues activity & project also includes:
Water may be everywhere but it is not always drinkable. Pupils research water issues, first in a local setting and then with Papua New Guinea and Australia to get a larger world perspective. Teams use the Internet and other resources to determine how their town gets water and what treatments occur before the water reaches the houses.
- Investigate water issues in other countries
- Ask a local water conservation group to come speak to the class
- Groups need access to computers to do Internet research
- Contains specific questions to answer about each country
- Provides links to get groups started