The surface of the moon routinely reaches 253 degrees Fahrenheit. Scientists around the world believed these high temperatures made water on the moon impossible—but they were wrong! Enlightening videos in the Veritasium playlist explore scientific evidence of hydration on the moon. This particular lesson discusses the three sources of lunar water.
- Follow the lesson with continued research on the composition of the moon
- Make a graphic organizer or pie chart depicting the percentage of each material found on the moon
- Pupils require Internet access if you assign for independent viewing
- Describes the research leading to discoveries about the makeup of the moon
- Includes visual representations illustrating concepts