This Water Remediation Lab worksheet also includes:
Water filtration — that's pure genius! Groups test the ability of a water filter to purify water by running chlorine contaminated water through a filter and measuring the chlorine concentrations as they filter the water. They then graph their data and determine how well the filter performed.
- Do the activity with a variety of filter types
- Set up a control liter of water with a set concentration that does not go through the filter
- The class should be familiar with the concepts from the Introduction to Water Chemistry lesson
- The fifth part in a series of nine activities
- The description provides troubleshooting tips to solve common issues while doing the activity
- The resource contains activity extensions that suggest other measurements you can use