This Waves - Case Studies interactive also includes:
What can your class tell about a wave just by looking at it? Using a simulation, physics pupils work through a series of case studies to determine the effects of speed, frequency, and density on waves. Part of a larger playlist on waves and sounds, the lesson tests learners' understanding of how changes in amplitude and frequency produce changes in wave patterns.
- Use the simulation as an assessment of wave properties
- Work through an example case study with the class before turning them loose for individual work
- Students should be familiar with wave vocabulary to complete the simulation
- The resource comes with great reference materials and printable questions
- Learners work through the lesson at their own pace