An eye-opening video shows how young people aided in the war effort, from growing victory gardens to rationing supplies during World War II. It also features primary sources, including military documents, and explains how to use them to research periods of history.
- Pair the video with an introduction on how to use primary sources
- Have pupils create lists of sources they could use to research WWII
- The theme of war may not be suitable for age levels
- Features interviews with individuals who were children during WWII who talk about their experiences
- Shows and discusses primary sources