This Weather Station activity & project also includes:
Find out what it is like outside before braving the elements. Teachers follow directions to build a barometer, rain gauge, and anemometer. Class members use the built weather instruments along with a thermometer to record weather conditions in their weather logs. Pupils may collect data for a long period of time to notice patterns and make their own forecasts.
- Create the weather station to be used during a unit on weather
- Research modern weather stations and how they collect data
- Requires the ability to go outside to gather data
- Includes suggestions for recommended reading
- Contains blackline masters for a protractor and ruler