What is weather? How is weather different from climate? Factors such as temperature, thunderstorms, precipitation, and wind speed refer to weather. Climate consists of the overall patterns of weather in a particular region of the world, over a long period of time. This is the focus of a video that helps viewers distinguish between weather and climate.
- After viewing, explore and discuss various climate regions around the world and the weather conditions they experience
- The 11th in a series of 22 videos that discuss Earth's spheres and natural resources
- Concepts from the previous videos are reviewed at the beginning of the episode
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards
- Video presents a very clear distinction between weather and climate, which is easy to understand