This West Side Shifts lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Combine math, language arts, music, and dance with an activity focused on "America" from West Side Story. After listening to the song, learners compare the film to Romeo and Juliet, analyze the song's meter, design choreography, plan monologues, and perform in front of their peers.
- Implement the activity after watching West Side Story as a class
- Requires part of a script from West Side Story and an excerpt from Romeo and Juliet, as well as the music to "America"
- Provide a variety of ways to bring West Side Story to the classroom
- Adaptable for multiple grade levels