This What a Drag! activity & project also includes:
Stop and drop what is in your hand! Pupils investigate how form effects drag in the 12th part of a 22-part unit on aviation. Groups create equally weighted objects and determine which one falls the fastest by collecting data.
4 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Designed NGSS: Designed
- Create figures that have the same surface area but with different shapes to test
- Assumes individuals know about drag
- Requires building paper objects to drop
- Includes templates for cones and cubes
- Provides suggestions to scale for younger classes