This What Are Your Thoughts? lesson plan also includes:
The varying responses of the characters in Mildred Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry to the discrimination they experience or perpetrate provides readers with an opportunity to not only examine the feelings of the characters but to also consider their own experiences with disillusionment.
- Ask class members to design their own emotions posters, either in response to the lesson or to how they are feeling that day
- Incorporate the three-lesson series in a unit study of the Great Depression or discrimination that includes Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
- Final lesson in the three-part series
- Although a link is provided, instructors must chose and print multiple posters for group activity
- Each group focuses on a single character and adopts the voice of that character in their presentation