This What Do You Want Your Country to be Like? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How would you like your country to be by 2020? What issues do you feel are most important, and how do those compare with your peers? Learners tackle questions regarding the evolving national and global culture of the twenty-first century by identifying the needs and values of different stakeholders in a society.
- After learners have taken a stance on different issues and obstacles to a country's progression (i.e. education system, cost of living, gender equality, etc.), consider using this as an opportunity to delve deeper into topics that you feel your class members might not fully understand. Have students perform research on the different prescribed areas, and then go through the lesson activities again given this new knowledge
- Remind learners of how to participate in respectful dialogue and review expectations for class discussions prior to beginning this lesson
- Includes three resource sheets to support discussion activities
- Well placed in a progression of twelve lessons provided by the publisher