Start your day—and your class—off right with an interesting video about breakfast! The resource, part of the American Chemical Society's Reactions series, tackles the most important meal of the day. The narrator explains what makes for a good breakfast and foods to avoid early in the morning.
- Use the video as an introduction to a nutrition or biochemistry project
- Have pupils write down their ideas for a complete breakfast, then watch the video
- Discuss carbohydrates, proteins, and fats before viewing the resource
- Explains the concepts clearly
- Narrator connects common breakfast foods with nutritional information and their effects on the body