This What is the Probability of “Pigging Out” lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Learners apply their understanding of luck to a probability experiment. They play a game of Pass the Pigs to determine the probability of a specific outcome. Using analysis for their data, pupils declare the measures of center, dot plots, and standard deviation.
- Compare the results of this with the results of rolling two dice
- Requires several sets of the dice game Pass the Pigs or Internet access to play online
- Relies on prior knowledge of constructing dot plots, calculating measures of center, and representing probability
- Includes an answer key
- Offers a few extension ideas