This What Makes It Snow? lesson plan also includes:
Discover the icy world of snow from the comfort of the indoors. Young meteorologists study visuals and a video to examine snow formation and structure. Using the information they learn, scientists follow a procedure to construct a snowflake model.
- Provide a copy of the procedure for each team member to use during the activity
- Circulate throughout the learning space to assess and guide pupils
- Allow time for prep and gathering materials
- Activity is the third in a six-part Inquiry-in-Action series
- Gives class discussion prompts and possible responses
- Provides a suggestion for incorporating a literacy component