Reinforce research skills, close reading, teamwork, and biographical writing skills with one collaborative lesson. Groups create slide shows detailing the elements of a biography through a presentation on a famous American person. Based on their groups' presentations, individuals then write a biography report showcasing the person their groups chose.
- Set up project groups before beginning the lesson
- Gather a list of famous American people ahead of time
- Reserve time in the computer lab in order for individuals to access the Internet
- The resource comes in document form for easy editing
- Promotes a collaborative learning experience
- Rubric is mentioned but not included