This When Sharks Swam the Great Plains video also includes:
Would you believe the Midwest region of the United States was once the Western Interior Seaway? An interesting presentation from the PBS Eons series describes the geography of the ancient seaway and the species that lived there. The narrator describes the fossil records that give evidence of its existence.
- Provide pupils with a map of the earth at the time, highlighting additional variations from our current geography
- Incorporate during a lesson on the study of fossil records
- Expects a basic understanding of fossils and fossil records
- Provides artist sketches of different extinct species
- Narrator shows excitement for the content, making it more engaging