This Where Am I Going? lesson plan also includes:
- Educator Guide
- Lesson Plans Content Overview
- Career Readiness Glossary English
- Career Readiness Glossary Spanish
- California Career Center Student Account Setup Instructor's Notes
- California CareerZone Student Account Setup Instructor's Notes
- Where Am I Going? (doc.)
- Start-Up Video: Possible Careers
- Handouts Only: Where Am I Going?
- Spanish Handouts: Where Am I Going?
- Join to access all included materials
How do I get where I'm going from here? The fifth of six college and career readiness lessons invites seventh graders to dig deep into the career of their choice. Once they complete their research, individuals relate their findings to the class with an oral presentation.
- Have individuals dress as they would for their featured careers on their presentation day
- Modify the lesson into a PowerPoint presentation if time constraints exist
- Set aside a full day for online research
- The lesson helps learners locate, identify, and use reliable online job information sources
- Multiple assessments help easily identify a student's areas of opportunity in using job search tools