This Where Did Theater Go? Crash Course Theater #18 video also includes:
Oh, the drama! According to Plato, poetry is a false representation of reality and, to him, poetry included drama. The Puritans also despised theater, a topic the informational video explores. The narrator describes the controversial topics and elements found in the world of theater.
- Review who Puritans were and what they generally believed
- Compare the Puritan disdain for theater to banning books or protests of the arts today
- Discusses some bawdy or mature topics from the time period
- Episode 18 from the Crash Course Theater playlist
- Brings in images and paintings related to the era