This Where Do Plants Get Their Food? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Plants need food to survive, just like any other living organism. Young biologists analyze an experiment performed in 1610 by Jan van Helmont to determine if plant nutrition is obtained through the soil. First, lab groups work together to analyze the historical experiment, and then they design and carry out their own similar investigation.
- Use the resource when teaching the needs of plants
- Bring it to you classroom as a practice of the scientific method, having groups identify where the original plan might be improve
- Engaging for both middle and high school learners
- Comes with the worksheet for the lab