Jack London's adventurous novel White Fang may seem removed from students' everyday lives, but with an engaging set of reading activities, learners can relate to the story's themes. A three-page assignment delves into the novel before, during, and after reading for a multi-faceted educational experience.
- Assign for homework after reading White Fang
- Project onto the whiteboard and complete the charts as a class
- Expand the last writing prompt into a full-length argument essay, complete with examples from the text
- Does not include an answer key, but several sections of the text rely on varied student responses
- Page numbers are based on a specific version of the book; you may need to modify the numbers according to your own class set
- Encourages learners to check the text when verifying their answers
- Addresses a variety of language arts skills