There are many people who simply don't like the taste of water, whether served hot, cold, or fresh ... so what about day-old water? The video explores why drinking water that sits out overnight tastes stale to some people the next morning. The narrator explains a few different processes that occur in the water overnight, which affect the water's taste.
- Video fits in a unit on compounds, water treatment, or water on Earth
- Pour enough glasses of water for everyone, allow them to sit overnight, have individuals drink them the next day, and take a poll on taste
- Video is quite short, less than three minutes, so use it as a supplement
- Turn on auto-translate in settings in order to view the video via closed captioning or in a number of different languages
- Fascinating concept that many have probably wondered about, making it a truly engaging video