This Why Should You Read "A Midsummer Night's Dream?" video also includes:
Set the stage for a study of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream with an engaging animated video that is sure to stoke the interest of readers as it gets to the bottom of the key themes of the comedy. The narrator's arguments for why viewers should read the play are short but fierce.
- Use the video to create interest and launch a study of the play
- Ask AP students to examine the structure of Natasha Richter's essay, found in the "Dig Deeper" section of the resource as a model of literary analysis
- Assign theatre arts student the task of designing a set and costumes for a production of the play
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related articles, and an open ended discussion question
- Provides a summary of the play and introduces viewers to the characters and major themes of the play