Why Lesson Planet?
Don't be left out in the cold, ensure young learners are prepared for the winter weather with this clothing activity. After introducing them to different clothing items using the provided picture cards, students sing a song before cutting out and dressing a paper teddy bear in winter apparel.
- Create an instructional set of the resources by coloring, laminating, and attaching a magnet to the templates so they can be displayed on the class whiteboard
- Bring in real-life examples of the winter clothing items to display while introducing the vocabulary
- Offer this activity as a learning center during language arts rotations
- Use this resource in a beginning level ELD class to teach winter clothing vocabulary
- Lesson provides a clear, step-by-step procedure
- Images of winter clothing are clear and easy to indentify
- A sentence frame is provided to support students with correctly using the clothing vocabulary they've learned