You know Amelia Earhart and Sally Ride, but few recall the contributions of Harriet Quimby, Bessie Coleman, Florence Lowe Barnes, and Jacqueline Cochran to the history of flight. A short video introduces viewers to these high-flying women.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Assign groups to investigate one of the women mentioned in the video
- Use the video during April's Women's History Month or during a study of the history of flight
- The video would best serve as an introduction to the history of these women
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes links to a Breaking Barriers activity and a rocket building activity