Everyone has a different point of view, even when it comes to the enormity of the universe. Two separate text passages explain the scope of a galaxy, prompting young readers to write an essay about each author's argument and how the articles differ from each other.
- Connect to a science unit about the scope of the universe for either a cross-curricular assignment or a science lesson with a writing emphasis
- Encourage learners to find additional informational articles in which authors have clear, and sometimes conflicting, points of view
- Passages are Lexile® level 1110L and 1010L
- Teacher's guide provides writing rubrics and procedural instructions, as well as a way to gauge text complexity
- Provides writing pages for class members to draft their essays