Learners read and write an artist's statement. For this artist's statement lesson, students read Dorothea Lange's artist statement before writing one of their own about their photography. They examine their own photography and use description, reflection, and formal analysis as they write their statements.
- Writing the Artist's Statement (.rtf)
- Student Handout: Elements of Art (.pdf)
- Student Handout: Principles of Design (.pdf)
- Exploring Photographs: A Student Gallery
- "Migrant Mother" by Dorothea Lange, 1936