This Your Environment, Your Health: Air Quality unit plan also includes:
Some scientists argue that air pollution now causes more deaths than smoking. The second unit in a six-part series focuses on air quality. Scholars learn what's in the air, how clean the air around their school is, and what they can do to improve air quality. They also discuss health conditions associated with poor air quality.
- Repeat the experiment in different seasons to see if that changes the air quality
- Requires access to many different locations, inside and outside, for testing air quality overnight
- Consider the weather when scheduling the experiment as precipitation could ruin the results
- Provides links to additional resources
- Applies to pupils' daily lives
- Lesson format uses a research, experiment, then improve pattern