This Youth Emergency Preparedness unit also includes:
What is an emergency, why is preparing for one important, and how can your pupils help others prepare for an emergency? Answer these questions and more with a short unit. Learners will participate in a variety of collaborative, inquiry-based, and hands-on activities to learn about disaster preparedness. Your charges will feel confident in their abilities to handle emergency situations after completing this unit and their own emergency preparedness graphic novels!
- The unit includes three lessons, which each take about an hour and a half, or three thirty-minute sessions
- All included worksheets can be printed out and written on, or typed into
- Comes with printable cards for a vocabulary game, a vocabulary puzzle homework assignment, graphic organizers to help pupils prepare their final projects, a rubric, and more
- The activities and lessons are well-sequenced and cover plenty of information about disaster preparedness
- See the materials tab for links to even more additional materials mentioned in the plan