This A Guide to the Works of Jacqueline Woodson lesson plan also includes:
The works of Jacqueline Woodson introduce readers to diverse characters and themes. A guide covers many of the author's best-known books such as Brown Girl Dreaming and Locomotion. Dive & Discuss and Explore & Extend activities accompany each title, while larger thematic descriptions appear before each level of text.
- Read news articles on race, racism, and other themes that appear in the texts
- Create a character analysis graphic organizer to help analyze Woodson's complex characters
- Features titles for a range of grades from lower elementary through high school
- Groups texts by type (picture book, middle grade book, etc.)
- Highlights key skills covered in each set of lesson plans
- Lacks full lesson plans for each book