This A Teacher's Guide to The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School activity & project also includes:
What if the Gingerbread Man was trying to catch you, rather than the other way around? Pupils can find out what happens by reading the story The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray and enrich their experience with the story by completing some or all of the related activities included here. The activities cover a wide range of skills, including rhyming, letter writing, graphing, reading maps, and more.
- Include this in a unit on measurement; you can read the story and then measure the ingredients for making gingerbread men
- As is suggested in the packet, read several other stories starring the Gingerbread Man and compare the characters and plots
- Have kids come up with their own ideas of how the story of the Gingerbread Man might be different, taking inspiration from both the more classic versions and this reimagining
- You'll need to find or purchase a copy of the book The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School
- Includes suggestions for how to adapt the more food-related activities for learners with allergies
- Provides printables and other worksheets to support the engaging activities