This Ad Targeting and Techniques lesson plan also includes:
What techniques do advertisers use to reach a target audience? Pupils discover the answer with the second of four Admongo lesson plans. Scholars learn about the most common strategies advertisers use to convince people to buy something. Then, they identify and write about persuasive techniques in newspaper and magazine ads.
- Have small groups discuss the types of advertisements companies target to their age bracket
- Show students a series of ads and ask them to identify the target audience
- Requires several newspapers and magazines
- Includes a bonus worksheet to assign as homework or for extended practice
- Provides a link to an online extension activity