This Air: The Math Link worksheet also includes:
Inflate this unit on the science of air with these math skills practice and word problems. Accompanying the children's story Mr. Slaptail's Secret, this resource covers a wide range of math topics including the four basic operations, identifying fractions, reading time, estimating mass, and analyzing bar graphs. Offer these worksheets as an option for earlier finishers or pick and choose relevant worksheets to supplement into regular math lessons.
- Supports learners with blank number sentences, including the operations necessary for solving word problems and answering questions about bar graphs
- Uses pictures to support an understanding of fractions, multiplication, and division
- Allows for interdisciplinary connections between science, language arts, and math
- The children's book Mr. Slaptail's Secret is available online, free of charge
- The fractions in the word problems on pages four and five are difficult to read
- The directions on page eight requires teacher clarification